The Research Group One Health Bacteriology at the Bernhard Nocht Institute for Tropical Medicine (BNITM) invites applications for one exciting position as:
The group’s main research topics cover the occurrence, transmission and diagnosis of bacterial infections in a one health context in the tropics. We are looking for a highly motivated senior epidemiologist/statistician who is qualified in the design and analyses of epidemiological studies and has extensive experience in data analysis techniques.
Your profile and responsibilities:
- University degree in biostatistics, epidemiology or related sciences
- Knowledge and experience in the analyses of data generated within epidemiological studies
- Skills in planning and designing epidemiological research studies
- Expertise in the field of clinical bacteriology
- Skills in using statistical software, preferably STATA or R
- Creativity and commitment to work in a research group together with different disciplines
- Willingness to travel to research sites at our partner institutes in different African countries
- International and inter-disciplinary working environment
- Participation in conferences and international travel to research sites
- A central location at the Landungsbrücken, easily accessible by public transport
- 30 days of paid leave per year
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Subsidy for childcare
- Subsidy for the HVV-ProfiTicket
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Special conditions in selected sports and fitness clubs in Hamburg
We support our employees in achieving a work-life balance and promote the professional equality of women and men. We strive to assist women in their scientific career, increase the number of women in research and reduce under-representation in all areas and positions in general. We explicitly welcome applications from people with disabilities.
As a member of the Diversity Charter, the largest diversity management network in Germany, we are also committed to making diversity an integral part of our institute culture. It is our goal to create a working environment that is free of prejudice.
Please send your application by 09.07.2022 via our job portal with the required documents (cover letter, CV, high school and university certificates with grades, if applicable references).
Alternatively, you may apply by postal mail referring to "Statistics-Dekker" to: Bernhard-Nocht-Institut für Tropenmedizin, HR Department, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 74, D-20359 Hamburg, Germany.